Thursday, August 29, 2013

Little Project Fail

This is it.
This is the way the bathroom mirror
and wall sconces have looked for about
twenty years.  

Well, actually there is this
 leprosy that has developed on the lights.
That wasn't there twenty years ago. 

I had been thinking that it would
not be a big project to replace the
shades.
I would also like to paint the metal
parts.  I think that
involves turning off the electricity,
using a screwdriver, and sanding
off the rust.
Might need a little help,
or at least instruction, for that.

BUT I found these frosted glass shades
for
 less than two dollars 
apiece at Goodwill!

I love the look!

Unfortunately, they don't really fit.

Oh, well.
What I have is pretty good. :)

2 comments:

  1. This is the type of thing I do all the time. Everything looks smaller at the store. LOL! I wanted to wish you continued success over your housework. It's a lot of work. But if you take little steps everyday, you'll get there fast. Keep up the good work! :)
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caroline, your encouragement comes at a time when I'm rejoicing over the cooler weather,mentally spitting on my palms and gritting my teeth for a renewed attack. I know that I won't be able to do it in one big sweep, but I'm heartened for the battle. Thank you. Thank you.

      Delete